With the changing demands and expectations of customers in today’s digital era, it has become essential for companies to take a digital leap and transform digitally. Digital transformation is about strengthening the customer experience while improving business productivity. It enables the reimagining of business models, processes, and consumer experiences while providing businesses with innovative ways to offer value, make money, and boost productivity.
SAP Digital Transformation is end-to-end digital enterprise architecture that is built on an enterprise-ready, flexible, and trusted integrated platform. The next-generation features offered by this framework connect the front-end and back-end operations through a strong digital core. Simplifying the IT environment, this architecture also enables future business innovation and simplifies business processes. It also helps businesses to take a leap into the digital economy by connecting their processes to create a flexible, agile, adaptable, and live digital business in an ever-changing environment.
Driving Digital Transformation Using SAP Solutions
SAP solutions can effectively drive digital transformation for businesses. SAP S/4HANA combines business transactions and analytics to create a reimagined digital core to connect applications and ecosystems across all the key parts of a business. This solution can be deployed on-premise and in the cloud as well. It also delivers real-time intelligent insights for enhanced decision-making.
The SAP HANA platform can connect with the full suite of SAP applications, both at the core with SAP S/4HANA and the edge with line-of-business applications. SAP Ariba and Concur solutions enable the digitalization of spend management across materials and travel. SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Fieldglass solutions digitalize the management of the entire employee and contingent workforce.
SAP Hybris solutions are a perfect choice to drive fourth-generation customer engagement and commerce. On the other hand, when it comes to connecting people, things, and businesses, the SAP Leonardo system is the right choice. The SAP Cloud Platform is an apt alternative for those whose needs evolve with time. This provides the foundation for new application development, extensions, and integration across the SAP product portfolio.
Digital Transformation of An Organization Using SAP S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA has been provided by SAP to provide a digital core to an organization. This suite has been developed completely on SAP HANA, one of the most advanced in-memory platforms by using modern design principles with the SAP Fiori user experience (UX). It is an effective way to enable simplification in areas such as customer adoption, data model, user experience, decision-making, business processes, and models. Moreover, it also offers innovation for and integrates with some of the SAP’s intelligent technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, business networks, and mobile-first so that they help businesses run easily in the digital economy.
Using SAP S/4HANA enables businesses to create live businesses. This is facilitated by empowering business users with useful insights to act immediately and goes beyond automation to predictive suggestion. It also helps create some unique opportunities to reinvent business models and drive new revenues and profits. Some of these are as follows:
- It connects enterprises with people, devices, and business networks to deliver new value to their customers on any channel because the Internet of Things and Big Data are accessible to any business.
- Enterprises can gain new efficiencies by simplifying their processes, driving them in real time, and changing them when needed.
- It provides business users with relevant insights into any data from anywhere in real time. This is to enable rapid planning, execution, prediction, and simulation, for faster business impact.
From an IT value perspective, it also simplifies the landscape and helps reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) in the following ways:
- It enables businesses to eliminate redundant data, hence, reducing their data footprint when working with larger data sets in one system.
- This helps in reducing hardware costs, operational costs, and complexity, as well as saving time.
- It simplifies innovation by leveraging an open platform (SAP HANA Cloud Platform). This is to drive advanced applications and protect existing investments.
- Based on modern design principles, it allows business users to leverage a simple and role-based user experience. This helps in reducing training efforts and increases productivity by combining information from multiple sources at the decision-making point.
Advantages of SAP Digital Transformation
Opting for SAP digital transformation can benefit an organization in several ways. Some of these are as mentioned below:
- Generate new value from applications rapidly.
- Helps drive automation, agility, and business innovation.
- Enables one to gain business insights and prediction outcomes.
- Ensures business continuity.
- Reduces total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Drive operational efficiencies within an organization.
- Helps drive the growth of an organization.
- Motivates sustainability efforts.
- Improves collaboration across different functions.
- Improves customer experience.
- Supports a robust growth strategy of an organization.
Benefits of SAP’s Intelligent Technologies
SAP’s Intelligent Technologies include big data, blockchain, data analytics, data intelligence, design thinking services, the Internet of Things, and machine learning. These technologies help organizations to improve their functioning and become more organized. Along with these, using these technologies can benefit businesses in several other ways. A few of these are as mentioned below:
- Enabling an organization to focus on the most important activities instead of finding, integrating, and managing its tools.
- Providing them with common processes, methodologies, and an innovation platform to implement new ideas quickly. This allows them to focus on the problem area immediately.
- Assists in integrating future-facing technologies and capabilities.
- Offers design thinking methodologies and data intelligence tools for various technologies, services, and applications.
- Improves scalability as the basic technology is robust, open, and scalable.
- Allows organizations to quantify and track metrics by assessing the ‘mean time before failure’ (MTBF) and ‘mean time to repair’ (MTTR) for their assets.
- Aids them in making the best of these technologies using tailored accelerator packages that include implementation methodologies, cloud licenses, and more.
SAP’s digital transformation requires configuration, cooperation, transparency, and diligent governance amongst the team members. It is possible only after determining the starting point, defining your priorities, building a roadmap, and preparing your team for the change. Now is the real-time for companies to take advantage of SAP’s digital transformation and transform their business into an intelligent enterprise.